SPECIALISTS IN RESIDENCE ART-MFL-STEM
Gordonstoun has been leading the way in character education for more than 80 years. Our uniquely broad curriculum provides a challenge in the classroom, on the sea and on the mountain, on the stage and on the sports field, and enables students to discover the truth in our motto – Plus Est En Vous – there is more in you.
Reports to: Relevant Head of Department
Job Purpose: Gordonstoun has been leading the way in character education for more than 80 years. Our uniquely broad curriculum provides challenge in the classroom, at sea and in the mountains, on the stage and on the sports fields and enables students to discover the truth in our motto – Plus Est En Vous – there is more in you. The Specialists in Residence will be fully involved in an academic department, providing specialist support for students so they can flourish in our broad curriculum.
· To inspire students and provide enthusiasm in the relevant curricular area in both the senior and junior schools.
· To promote the subject beyond the classroom e.g. leading activities for students as part of the broader curriculum programme.
· To promote cross curricular opportunities placing an emphasis on the whole range of educational activities.
· To support the allocated department to achieve the best for the students they teach, working closely with the Head of Department to complete tasks assigned to them.
· To teach individual pupils, appropriate to the skills offered e.g. accompanying students on musical instruments, providing spoken language practice in modern foreign languages, supporting students in discussion groups.
· To assist students who may require additional support in the relevant curricular area.
· To assist with the day to day running of the school by completing duties, being a tutor, attending chapel and attending school functions.
· Lead evening and weekend activities as required, including inter-house competitions.
· Be attached to one of the Boarding Houses with the expectation of spending one evening per week in the House.
· Comply with Gordonstoun’s policies and procedures on Child Protection and Health and Safety.
· Contribute in a positive way to the ethos of the school in line with Gordonstoun’s values
· Carry out any other task as required from time to time in order to support the school.
· A room or flat suitable for single accommodation can be provided at a nominal charge. This would usually have to be vacated within three days of the end of the Summer Term, to allow Summer school to use the building.
· All meals are provided free of charge in the School refectory during term time.
Salary and Terms
The post is initially an eleven month appointment with the potential to extend beyond depending on the skills and experience of the correct candidate. The salary is paid monthly from September to July inclusive at the rate fixed for the year. This role is Term Time, apart from the time spent at the start of each term in preparation for the term and at the end of the term bringing matters to a close.
This role is Fixed Term from 1 September 2020 to 31 August 2021
These notes are for general information only and the appointment will be subject to signature of formal conditions of employment. Candidates wishing to be considered for this post should complete the school’s application form along with a letter of application, outlining why they feel they are a suitable candidate for this post. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Recruitment, Gordonstoun, Elgin, Moray, IV30 5RF.
The closing date for applications is 1700hrs on Wednesday 1 July 2020.
Interviews will be held remotely.