Part Time Chef
Gordonstoun has been leading the way in character education for more than 80 years. Our uniquely broad curriculum provides a challenge in the classroom, on the sea and on the mountain, on the stage and on the sports field, and enables students to discover the truth in our motto – Plus Est En Vous – there is more in you.
Part Time Chef required for Immediate Start. Working 24 hours per week
Reports to: Catering Services Manager or Senior Staff member on duty
Purpose of Role To provide first class support to the Catering Team and first class service to the customers
1. Comply with Gordonstoun policies and procedures on Child Protection and Health and Safety
2. Contribute in a a positive way to the ethos of the school in line with Gordonstoun’s values
3. Carry out any other task as required from time to time in order to support the school in line with the remit of your role
· Production and delivery of first class food to pupils, staff, parents and external guests on a day to day basis and on functions 89%
· To maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the kitchen ensuring that cleaning schedules are maintained and signed off on a weekly basis 6%
· To check and correctly store all frozen and chilled items 1%
· To ensure that all due diligence records are maintained and all current legislation requirements are implemented 1%.
· To regularly check equipment in order to ensure its safe working order 1%
· Ensure the servery staff are fully briefed at each service on the content of dishes 1%
· Ensure that all safety & security measures are in place at the beginning and end of the day. 1%
Please see the job description for the specific experience and skills required/desired.
Salary and benefits
· A competitive salary is offered depending on skills and experience
· Holiday pay is paid 4 times a year pro rata to hours worked
· The refectory closes for 35 days a year
· Pension ( auto enrolment into operations’ staff pension scheme)
· Lunch provided ( when the refectory is operating)
· Access to gym and other benefits
· Uniform is provided
· This is a seven day a week operation, with every other weekend off
· Start date will be confirmed once two satisfactory references and a clear PVG has been received
· 6 month probation period
Gordonstoun is an equal opportunities employer. For further details, an informal discussion or an application pack, please contact Julie Broadhurst on 01343 837816, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are invited to complete an operations staff application form available here and return the completed form to email@example.com by the closing date of 0900 hrs on Friday 02 October 2020.