Gordonstoun has been leading the way in character education for more than 80 years. Our uniquely broad curriculum provides a challenge in the classroom, on the sea and on the mountain, on the stage and on the sports field, and enables students to discover the truth in our motto – Plus Est En Vous – there is more in you.
Full Time, Permanent role
Reports to: Head of Development & Alumni
Job Purpose: This is an exciting new role at Gordonstoun School. This is a key post within the recently re-structured Development Office and is responsible for the generation of fundraising income for key School initiatives that reflect and support the main strategic objectives of the institution. This will include developing and managing the regular giving programmes – including the telephone campaign; identifying, developing and managing a portfolio of prospects, including individuals, trusts and foundations and other statutory funding bodies with the aim of raising philanthropic income including legacy pledges. In addition, the role holder will have a strong working knowledge of fundraising CRM systems and the ability to manage and extrapolate data as it relates to the successful management of all fundraising activities.
The role involves working closely with colleagues from across the School including the leadership and the board to ensure that all fundraising projects are fully developed and are ready for the fundraising market. Due to the emphasis on developing external support for the School, the role holder may be required to work out with normal office hours and undertake some travel on behalf of the School, both in the UK and internationally.
• Comply with Gordonstoun’s policies and procedures on Child Protection and Health and Safety.
• Contribute in a positive way to the ethos of the school in line with Gordonstoun’s values: Safe; Positive; Improving.
• The postholder will contribute to the delivery of the School’s fundraising targets, to secure regular and one-off donations in support of agreed priorities and providing leadership on the School’s regular giving activities
• Developing, managing and Overseeing delivery of a year-round Individual Regular Giving plan to include face to face, targeted mass fundraising initiatives including but not limited to direct mail, digital and telephone, giving days, arranging mailings, telephone campaigns and events to meet agreed targets for participation.
• To do this, the post holder will need to understand professional fundraising guidelines and ensure that these are adhered to. The post-holder will plan and co-ordinate fundraising activity and manage any reporting processes, such as progress reports, financial reports and payment request schedules, follow-up visits, etc.
• Responsibility for raising philanthropic revenues to achieve set income targets.
• Manage the application process to funders, which will include identifying potential supporters, building the relationship and writing funding proposals. Where necessary, the post holder will need to understand individual funding body guidelines and ensure that these are adhered to. They will act as the main point of contact with these bodies for all fundraising projects, from point of application to outcome. For successful applications, they will manage any reporting processes, such as progress reports, financial reports and payment request schedules, and follow-up visits.
• Responsible for implementing solicitation and stewardship plans for your portfolio of prospects and supporters; including providing in-put into guest lists for key School events; ensuring that a programme of regular communications is in place and that appropriate corporate publications are circulated.
• Support the Head of Development by creating briefing notes for key prospects assigned to the Principal and Board members and ensure an accurate recording in the CRM
• Support the management of the parents’ engagement plan and activities including developing the Welcome Pack, managing a portfolio of engagement events, creation and distribution of communications and supporting the overall development of these key relationships
• The role holder will also be expected to undertake their own research and provide detailed information on fundraising projects to allow for prospect identification.
• The role holder will be responsible for managing all donor data in the CRM system and extrapolating data required for all fundraising programmes and required reporting to donors, committees and the senior leadership team
• Input into the Development Office marketing and PR activities, by assisting with the up-keep of the fundraising pages on the School’s website – taking a proactive role in suggesting how these pages can be kept fresh and interesting; feeding stories to the Editor of the alumni magazine and sharing relevant external media stories with the team.
• Represent the School at events
• Undertake necessary training to keep up-to-date with developments in fundraising, sponsorship, data protection, regulatory bodies, and freedom of information.
• Support the work of the wider service by undertaking other duties as specified by the Head of Development
• Carry out any other task as required from time to time in order to support the School.
Applicants are invited to contact the agent below
The closing date for applications is 2 December 2020.