Domestic Services Assistant
Gordonstoun has been leading the way in character education for more than 80 years. Our uniquely broad curriculum provides a challenge in the classroom, on the sea and on the mountain, on the stage and on the sports field, and enables students to discover the truth in our motto – Plus Est En Vous – there is more in you.
DOMESTIC SERVICES/ LAUNDRY ASSISTANT
Reports to: Senior Domestic Services Superviser or Domestic Services Superviser
Job Purpose: The Domestic Services department is fundamental to the smooth running of Gordonstoun School. With more than 50 buildings, a dozen of which provide sleeping accommodation, the estate is huge. The team comprises of more than 20 staff and requires a high degree of coordination. A major change programme is underway within the team at Gordonstoun, designed to improve the systems to lead to better efficiency and ultimately the right person being in the right place at the right time. The team faces increasing regulation and there is a need for us to continually improve and develop our facilities whilst minimising our costs in this area.
1. Comply with Gordonstoun’s policies and procedures on Child Protection and Health and Safety.
2. Contribute in a positive way to the ethos of the school in line with Gordonstoun’s values.
3. Carry out any other reasonable task as required in order to support the school in line with the remit of your role.
4. Cleaning the following areas in line with the rota, cleaning schedules and key performance indicators:
a. Boarding houses
d. Sports Centre
e. Other buildings as required in order to support the school in line with the remit of your role
5. Carrying out laundry tasks in line with the rota, laundry schedules and key performance indicators.
6. Sewing on name labels when required.
- Start date will be when two satisfactory references and a clear PVG has been returned
- 6 month probation period
For further details, an informal discussion or an application pack, please contact Julie Broadhurst on 01343 837816, or email email@example.com
Gordonstoun is an equal opportunities employer.
The Job Description is here.......
Applicants are invited to complete an operations staff application form available here and return the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 0900rs on Friday 18 September 2020 Interviews will take place w/b 21 September 2020.