General Catering Assistant
The Refectory at Gordonstoun is an exceptional department which prides itself on providing first class food to students and staff.
Reports to: Catering Services Manager
Purpose of Role: To provide first class support to the Catering Team and first class service to the customers
The ideal candidate will be a methodical, careful individual, who takes pride in completing repetitive tasks to a high standard and on a consistent basis. This role is best suited to a person who is calm in nature, able to work under their own initiative, can prioritise their work load, be an effective communicator, and be able to logically find solutions to problems in a variety of situations. Full training will be given as required. We also have Bank Catering Assistant roles.
- Comply with Gordonstoun policies and procedures on Child Protection and Health and Safety
- Contribute in a a positive way to the ethos of the school in line with Gordonstoun’s values
- Carry out any other task as required from time to time in order to support the school in line with the remit of your role
Will include working in the following areas as per your rota
- Dining Room
- Pot wash
- Plate wash
The Role involves Function work within and out with the Refectory (Organising & Transportation of Furniture and Equipment. Setting up, serving and carrying recovery).
Completing Cook safe documentation.
Please see the Person Specification for the specific experience and skills required/desired.
Salary and benefits
- Holiday pay is paid 4 times a year pro rata to hours worked
- 7 weeks paid holiday, pro rata (The refectory closes for 35 days a year)
- Pension (auto enrolment into operations’ staff pension scheme)
- Lunch provided (when the refectory is operating)
- Access to gym and other benefits
- Uniform is provided
- Transport from Burghead, Hopeman and Lossiemouth (depending on hours worked)
- This is a seven day a week operation, with every other weekend off.
- Shift times are varied between 7am until 3pm, 9am until 3pm, 12pm until 8pm, 5pm until 8pm (some function work is required out with these shift times)
- Start date will be when a satisfactory two references and a clear PVG has been returned
- 6 month probation period Employment is dependent on a Clear Disclosure Scotland and two references.
For further details, an informal discussion or an application pack, please contact Julie Broadhurst on 01343 837816, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application is 0900hrs on Friday 26 July 2019. Interviews will take place the following week.