10 reasons why our Summer School will change your life!
By Claire MacGillivray, Director of GISS
We are living in uncertain times but we are all looking forward to life getting back to normal. After weeks being cooped up at home, why not plan a summer holiday like no other and make new friends in the glorious Scottish countryside? Gordonstoun International Summer School (GISS) has been running for over forty years, with students aged from 8 to 16 spending three-and-a-half weeks enjoying amazing experiences which make the most of the Scottish landscape. You will have an adventure you will never forget with opportunities to go sailing, take part in expeditions, dance, music, drama, sport and the arts, all within the 200 acre Gordonstoun woodland campus.
Here’s 10 reasons why it’s an adventure you will never forget:
1. You will make new friends for life from all over the world. Many of our summer school students return year after year. You’ll find friends who share your interests and passions and our busy programme ensures nobody is ever lonely.
2. You’ll be surrounded by people from different countries, cultures, ideas and lifestyles. We welcome around 300 students each year from more than 35 countries. We are careful to make sure that students come from as many different countries as possible and that no nationality dominates, so that everyone meets new people from new cultures.
3. Very few people are good at everything but everyone is good at something. We’ll find something you love, whether its sailing, paddle boarding, kayaking, go-karting, bushcraft, or just sunset picnics on the clean, sandy beaches close to the school.
4. You’ll become a ninja in a subject you love – take the opportunity to brush up your English language skills, learn a new language like Spanish and French, let your imagination run wild with some creative writing or prepare to be the next Bill Gates with a computing and information technology course. When you get back to school you’ll wow your friends with your new-found skills. With one member of staff to two students, you’ll get individual support to make learning fun.
5. You’ll develop skills you never dreamed of, whether it is by taking to the stage, playing a sport or learning how to sail. Building your confidence through new experiences is a huge part of our summer school. You’ll understand not only who you are but also what you are capable of.
6. Escape the pressures of daily life at our peaceful 200-acre woodland campus. Have a break, recharge and you’ll return a different person, knowing more about yourself and your talents.
7. You’ll have real experiences, not virtual ones. You’ll be so busy you won’t even miss your social media feeds, apps and games but when you do get the chance to go online, you’ll have the best Insta-grid around.
8. You’ll have a summer of amazing food. Cooked breakfasts and tasty dishes are prepared by our specialist staff but also nothing beats a sausage or marshmallow toasted in the Scottish wilderness over a fire you have built and lit yourself.
9. You can harness your inner Harry Potter and taste boarding school life. Experience the magic of spending weeks at a time doing what you love with your friends.
10. It will be the most fun-filled summer you’ve ever had!
The Gordonstoun International Summer School runs two courses :
- Course I: Friday 10th July to Monday 3rd August 2020
- Course II: Friday 17h July to Monday 10th August 2020
On arrival and departure days we arrange all transfers from Aberdeen and Inverness airports. We limit the numbers of students from each country in order to maintain balance on the course so sign up quickly before your allocation sells out.
- Please contact us by following this link: https://giss.org.uk/enquiries/
- Phone us, we love to talk about GISS: + 44 1343 837 821
- Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow us on social media for regular updates:
- Facebook @gordonstounsummerschool
- Twitter @GISSgordonstoun
- Instagram @gordonstounintsummerschool
We look forward to welcoming you to the Gordonstoun International Summer School, “Where everyone smiles in the same language”