Transport Driver Vacancy
Transport Driver. Shift work for c. 28 hours a week, Monday to Friday. The Transport Driver is responsible for the safe, efficient and reliable transportation of students, staff and visitors on behalf of the School. Applicants will need a D1 licence with previous experience of driving similar sized vehicles (up to 16 seats).
Transport Driver (Rota)
Job Purpose: To carry out the safe transportation of students, staff and visitors on behalf of Gordonstoun School.
- Comply with Gordonstoun’s policies and procedures on Child Protection and Health and Safety.
- Contribute in a positive way to the ethos of the school in line with Gordonstoun’s values.
- Carry out any other task as required from time to time in order to support the school.
- Operating daily collection and delivery service locally for support staff
- Transporting day pupils to and from school
- Driving students to local pre-arranged medical, dental, optician, and hospital appointments, which may also involve escort duties
- Transport pupils to various locations both within and outwith school
- Cleaning, inspecting and routine maintenance of vehicles
- Keep wash bay area and Transport shed clean and tidy, empty drain on daily basis
- Ensure vehicle security at all times
- Simple record keeping
Salary and benefits
- A competitive salary is offered depending on skills and experience
- 6 weeks’ paid holiday per annum
- Pension (auto enrolment into operations’ staff pension scheme)
- Lunch provided (when school refectory operating)
- Access to gym / other benefits
- Part uniform provided
- Mon–Friday: Week 1 6am-9am, Week 2 11.15am – 7.15pm, Week 3 2.30pm – 9.00pm
- Average of 28.33 hours per week
- Appointments may be subject to a satisfactory Medical Examination
- All interviewees must successfully complete a driving assessment
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Some weekend work may be required
- 6-month probationary period
- PVG clearance is also required
Reports to: Transport Manager
Gordonstoun is an equal opportunities employer and considers all requests for flexible working.
The closing date for applications is 1700hrs on Sunday 16 February 2020.
Interviews will be held w/c 17 February 2020