Transport Driver Vacancy
Transport Driver. Shift work for c. 28 hours a week, Monday to Friday. The Transport Driver is responsible for the safe, efficient and reliable transportation of students, staff and visitors on behalf of the School. Applicants will need a D1 licence with previous experience of driving similar sized vehicles (up to 16 seats).
Transport Driver (Rota)
Job Purpose: To carry out the safe transportation of students, staff and visitors on behalf of Gordonstoun School.
- Comply with Gordonstoun’s policies and procedures on Child Protection and Health and Safety.
- Contribute in a positive way to the ethos of the school in line with Gordonstoun’s values.
- Carry out any other task as required from time to time in order to support the school.
- Operating daily collection and delivery service locally for support staff
- Transporting day pupils to and from school
- Driving students to local pre-arranged medical, dental, optician, and hospital appointments, which may also involve escort duties
- Transport pupils to various locations both within and outwith school
- Cleaning, inspecting and routine maintenance of vehicles
- Keep wash bay area and Transport shed clean and tidy, empty drain on daily basis
- Ensure vehicle security at all times
- Simple record keeping
Salary and benefits
- A competitive salary is offered depending on skills and experience
- 6 weeks’ paid holiday per annum
- Pension (auto enrolment into operations’ staff pension scheme)
- Lunch provided (when school refectory operating)
- Access to gym / other benefits
- Part uniform provided
- Mon–Friday: Week 1 6am-9am, Week 2 11.15am – 7.15pm, Week 3 2.30pm – 9.00pm
- Average of 28.33 hours per week
- Appointments may be subject to a satisfactory Medical Examination
- All interviewees must successfully complete a driving assessment
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Some weekend work may be required
- 6-month probationary period
- PVG clearance is also required
Reports to: Transport Manager
Gordonstoun is an equal opportunities employer and considers all requests for flexible working.
The closing date for applications is 12:00 on Monday 30 September 2019.
Interviews will be held w/c 7 October 2019