Gordonstoun School is renowned for its hospitality, providing a wide range of international and national dishes on a daily basis to the Gordonstoun students and staff. Our talented catering team provides fine dining for events and visits from distinguished and often high- profile guests, alongside preparing nutritious food for adventure experiences, whether that be a trip to the Cairngorms or sailing a yacht to the Artic. We hold the Healthy Eating plus Award and we are proud of the range of salads and fresh items that are prepared on site each day. We are looking for a qualified Chef to join this dynamic team. We encourage you to apply if you have flair, creativity and a passion for food.
Reports to: Catering Services Manager or Senior Staff member on duty
Purpose of Role: To provide first class support to the Catering Team and first class service to the customers Major Responsibilities
1. Comply with Gordonstoun policies and procedures on Child Protection and Health and Safety
2. Contribute in a a positive way to the ethos of the school in line with Gordonstoun’s values
3. Carry out any other task as required from time to time in order to support the school in line with the remit of your role
• Production and delivery of first-class food to pupils, staff, parents and external guests on a day to day basis and on functions
• To maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the kitchen ensuring that cleaning schedules are maintained and signed off on a weekly basis
• To check and correctly store all frozen and chilled items
• To ensure that all due diligence records are maintained and all current legislation requirements are implemented
• To regularly check equipment in order to ensure its safe working order
• Ensure the servery staff are fully briefed at each service on the content of dishes
• Ensure that all safety & security measures are in place at the beginning and end of the day.
Salary and benefits
• A competitive salary is offered depending on skills and experience
• Holiday pay is paid 4 times a year pro rata to the hours worked
• The refectory closes for 35 days a year
• Free Lunch provided (when the refectory is operating)
• Free use of Sports Centre & Swimming Pool on campus (when open)
• Uniform is provided
• Childcare Vouchers
• The hours of work will be 37.5 a week with working patterns between 7am up to 8pm (5 days out of 7 on a set rota). This post is all year round with every other weekend off.
Find out more
For further details, including how to apply, please visit the vacancies section of the School’s website or contact the Recruitment Department at email@example.com / 01343 837837.
The closing date for applications is 1200hrs on Monday 19 August 2019. Interviews will be held in the same week.